Acceptable single screening test for celiac disease. Screen includes tTG antibodies IgA and IgG, and DGP antibodies IgA and IgG. Celiac Disease Reflexive Cascade (2008114) or Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Antibody, IgA (0097709) is the preferred test for screening patients with suspected celiac disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
20 Units or greater: Positive - Presence of IgA and/or IgG antibodies against human tissue transglutaminase and/or gliadin peptide; suggests possibility of certain gluten sensitive enteropathies such as celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051691||Celiac Disease Dual Antigen Screen||63420-4|
- Celiac Sprue
- Combined tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) and deamidated (DGP) IgG and IgA
- combined tTG and DGP IgG and IGA