- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD solution A) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test performance
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 20 mL whole blood (patient) AND 20 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 14 mL (patient) AND 14 mL (control)) Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE CELLS REQUIRED.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL (patient) AND 14 mL (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Yellow (ACD Solution B). Refrigerated or frozen specimens. Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
New York State Clients: Ambient 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Available Separately||Associated Tests||Reference Interval|
|0096056||Lymphocyte Antigen and Mitogen Proliferation Panel||By report|
|0051580||Cytokine Production by Mononuclear Cells in Response to Mitogen Stimulation, Interleukin 1 beta||By report|
|0051581||Cytokine Production by Mononuclear Cells in Response to Mitogen Stimulation, Interleukin 6||By report|
|0051582||Cytokine Production by Mononuclear Cells in Response to Mitogen Stimulation, Interleukin 8||By report|
|0051583||Cytokine Production by Mononuclear Cells in Response to Mitogen Stimulation, Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha||By report|
Proliferation results are reported as the mitogen and/or antigen stimulated counts per minute (CPM) and a stimulation index (SI) which represents the ratio of the stimulated lymphocyte CPM to an unstimulated control CPM. Cytokine results are reported in pg/mL.
Results are to be used for research purposes or in attempts to understand the pathophysiology of immune, infectious, or inflammatory disorders.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051587||Lymphocyte Proliferation, Monokine|
- Blastogenesis Antigens
- Blastogenesis Mitogens
- IL-1 Beta
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis Antigen
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis Mitogens
- Mitogen Studies
- TNF Alpha