- Patient Preparation
- A control specimen needs to be sent with the patient specimen. The control specimen needs to be drawn from a normal, healthy individual who is not biologically related to the patient, and drawn at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient specimen.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD Solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD Solution A) (control). Patient and control samples must be collected within 48 hours of test performance.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood (patient) AND 10 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 7 mL whole blood (patient) AND 7 mL whole blood (control)). LIVE CELLS REQUIRED. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL whole blood (patient) AND 7 mL whole blood (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Yellow (ACD Solution B). Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
New York State Clients: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051582||Cytokine Production, IL-8 Response|