- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze whole blood specimens. Transport 1 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma (refer to Epstein-Barr Virus Quantitative PCR, ARUP test code 0051352). Heparinized specimens. Frozen specimens.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable.
A negative result (less than 2.6 log copies/mL or less than 390 copies/mL) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or EBV DNA nucleic acid in concentrations below the level of detection of the assay. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
No international standard is currently available for calibration of this assay. Caution should be taken when interpreting results generated by different assay methodologies.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051339||Epstein-Barr Virus, Quant. Source, WB|
|0051351||Epstein-Barr Virus, Quant. Log|
|0051821||Epstein-Barr Virus, Quant. Interp|
|2002318||Epstein-Barr Virus, Quant. Copy/mL|
- EBV Quant PCR Whole Blood
- EBV quantitative, whole blood
- EBV WB, Quant PCR
- Human herpesvirus 4
- Viral load monitoring