Qualitative Enzyme Immunoassay/Qualitative Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Plasma: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heat-inactivated, Cadaveric, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.)
Effective May 20, 2013
||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) Antibody by ELISA
||HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental
This test should not be used for blood donor screening, associated reentry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and cellular and tissue-based products (HCT/P).
*Performed and Reported times indicated are for the initial anti-HIV-2 screening test. If HIV-2 antibody screen is repeatedly reactive, then HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental (an HIV antibody type differentiation assay), will be added and then performed within one day. Additional charges apply.
This multi-test algorithm follows proposed guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for HIV-2 diagnosis.
86702; if reflexed, add 86702
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051251||HIV-2 Antibody by ELISA|
|2008282||HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- HIV-2 Antibody
- HIV-2 Confirmation