- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Plasma: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heat-inactivated, Cadaveric, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.)
|Available Separately||Components||Reference Interval|
|No||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) Antibody by ELISA||Negative|
|No||HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental||Negative|
This multi-test algorithm follows proposed guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for HIV-2 diagnosis.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051251||HIV-2 Antibody by ELISA|
|2008282||HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental|
- HIV 2 Ab
- HIV-2 Antibody
- HIV-2 Antibody by ELISA
- HIV-2 Antibody, Supplemental
- HIV-2 Confirmation