- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 3 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL) Also acceptable: ACD or sodium citrated plasma.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered. Ship on dry ice.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 1 month
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0051052||Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) Antibodies, PF4 IgG/IgM/IgA by ELISA (INACTIVE as of 10/05/15: Refer to August 2015 Hot Line Test 2012179)||0.399 OD or less|
|2005631||Serotonin Release Assay (Heparin Dependent Platelet Antibody), Unfractionated Heparin||By report|
For a clinical scoring system to assess pretest probability of HIT and other guidance for diagnosing HIT, refer to the Heparin-Associated Antibody Syndrome topic at arupconsult.com.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051052||Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Abs PF4||34701-3|
- Heparin Induced Antibodies
- Heparin PF4 Antibody
- Heparin-Associated Antibody
- HIT Antibodies Reflex toSRA
- HIT IgG, IgM, IgA and SRA
- HIT PF4 Antibodies Reflex t SRA
- Type II HIT