Immunoblot can be used as an adjunct tool in the diagnosis of Yersinia enterocolitica infection. The presence of IgA and IgG antibodies to Y. enterocolitica Yop proteins can also aid in the diagnosis of post-infectious autoimmune disorders associated with Y. enterocolitica (eg, reactive arthritis, erythema nodosum, Graves Disease, and Hashimoto thyroiditis).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051228||Yersinia enterocolitica, IgA Immunoblot||41400-3|
|0051229||Yersinia enterocolitica, IgG Immunoblot||41401-1|
- Y enterocolitica IgA, IgG Immunoblot
- Yersinia IgA & IgG by Immunoblot