Yersinia enterocolitica Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot
Immunoblot can be used as an adjunct tool in the diagnosis of Yersinia enterocolitica infection. The presence of IgA and IgG antibodies to Y. enterocolitica Yop proteins can also aid in the diagnosis of post-infectious autoimmune disorders associated with Y. enterocolitica (eg, reactive arthritis, erythema nodosum, Graves Disease, and Hashimoto thyroiditis).
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
Effective November 19, 2012
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051229||Yersinia enterocolitica, IgG Immunoblot|
- Yersinia IgG by Immunoblot (Yersinia Species Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot)