- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or plasma preparation tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 4 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- Please submit most recent viral load and test date, if available
- On cells: Ambient: 6 hours; After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: 4 months
HIV sequencing is performed using the Abbott Molecular Viroseq HIV-1 Genotyping system. Some insertions or deletions may be difficult to detect with the instrument software. This test may not detect minor HIV-1 populations less than 20 percent of the total population.
For a complete list of drugs currently profiled by this assay, please contact ARUP Client Services.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|