Qualitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Qualitative Western Blot
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lt. blue (sodium citrate), green (sodium or lithium heparin) or lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective May 20, 2013
| ||Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Types I/II Antibodies
|0020642||Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Types I/II Antibodies, Western Blot
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
If HTLV I/II screen is repeatedly reactive, then HTLV I/II Confirmation by Western Blot will be added. Additional charges apply.
*Performed and Reported times indicated are for screening of the anti-HTLV. Refer to Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Types I/II Antibodies, Western Blot (0020642) for additional information regarding Performed and Reported times.
86790; if reflexed, add 86689
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051165||HTLV I/II Antibodies by ELISA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.