- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimen. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050292||Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Glycoprotein G-Specific Antibody, IgG by CIA|| |
|0050294||Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Glycoprotein G-Specific Antibody, IgG by CIA|| |
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050292||HSV 1 Glycoprotein G Ab, IgG|
|0050294||HSV 2 Glycoprotein G Antibody, IgG|
- HSV glycoprotein G type 1 and 2
- HSV typing 1 and 2