Adenovirus Antibodies, IgG & IgM
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Mon, Wed, Fri
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent samples must be received within 30 days of the acute samples. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0051073||Adenovirus Antibody, IgG||0.89 IV or less: Negative-No significant level of adenovirus IgG antibody detected. |
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal-Questionable presence of adenovirus IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive-IgG antibodies to adenovirus detected, which may suggest current or past infection.
|0051078||Adenovirus Antibody, IgM||0.89 IV or less: Negative-No significant level of adenovirus IgM antibody detected. |
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal-Questionable presence of adenovirus IgM antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive-IgM antibodies to adenovirus detected, which may suggest current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|