- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
1-5 Units: Equivocal - Questionable presence of Trypanosoma cruzi IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
6-15 Units: Positive - IgG antibodies to Trypanosoma cruzi detected, which may suggest current or past infection.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051076||Trypanosoma cruzi Antibody, IgG|
- Chagas Antibody, IgG
- Trypanosoma cruzi Antibody, Total (Trypanosoma cruzi Antibody, IgG)