- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
1:16 or greater: Positive - IgM antibodies to Trypanosoma cruzi detected, which may suggest current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051075||Trypanosoma cruzi Antibody, IgM||13290-2|
- Chagas Antibody, IgM
- T cruzi IgM Ab