- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of influenza A virus IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive - IgG antibodies to influenza A virus detected, which may suggest current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051074||Influenza A Virus Antibody IgG|
- Flu A
- Flu A IgG