- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Indicate source on test requisition.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen 1 year
0.91 - 1.09 LI: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.10 LI or greater: Positive - C6 peptide antibody to B. burgdorferi detected.
The detection of antibodies of Borrelia burgdorferi in CSF may indicate central nervous system infection. However, consideration must be given to possible contamination by blood or transfer of serum antibodies across the blood-brain barrier.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051046||C6 Peptide CSF|
- Borrelia afzeli
- Borrelia garinii
- Lyme Disease (Borrelia burgdorferi C6 Peptide Antibodies, Total by ELISA (CSF))