Borrelia burgdorferi C6 Peptide Antibodies, Total by ELISA with Reflex to IgG & IgM by Western Blot
Preferred reflex test to detect Lyme disease in individuals with ≤4 weeks of clinical symptoms or exposure to tick. Positive/equivocal screen confirmed by Western blot.
C6 ACUTE R
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Qualitative Western Blot
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0051044||Borrelia burgdorferi C6 Peptide Antibodies, Total by ELISA||0.90 LI or less: Negative-C6 peptide antibody to B. burgdorferi not detected.|
0.91-1.09 LI: Equivocal-Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.10 LI or greater: Positive-C6 peptide antibody to B. burgdorferi detected.
|0050255||Borrelia burgdorferi Antibody, IgG by Western Blot||Effective August 15, 2011|
|0050253||Borrelia burgdorferi Antibody, IgM by Western Blot||Effective August 15, 2011|
Refer to report.
If C6 Peptide by ELISA is 0.91 LI or greater, then IgG and IgM Western blot will be added. Additional charges apply.
86618; if positive add; 86617 x2
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051044||Borrelia burgdorferi C6 Pep Abs, ELISA|
- Lyme Disease
- VlsE Lipoprotein (Borrelia burgdorferi C6 Peptide Antibodies, Total by ELISA with Reflex to IgG & IgM by Western Blot)