- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1:64-1:128 Equivocal-Questionable presence of Ehrlichia chaffeensis IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
≥1:256 Positive-Presence of IgG antibody to Ehrlichia chaffeensis detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051004||Ehrlichia chaffeensis Antibody, IgG|
- E. Chaffeensis
- HME (Human Monocytic Ehrlichiosis)
- Tick Borne Diseases