- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0051004||Ehrlichia chaffeensis Antibody, IgG by IFA||< 1:64 Negative-No significant level of Ehrlichia chaffeensis IgG antibody detected.|
1:64-1:128 Equivocal-Questionable presence of Ehrlichia chaffeensis IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
≥1:256 Positive-Presence of IgG antibody to Ehrlichia chaffeensis detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|0051003||Ehrlichia chaffeensis Antibody, IgM by IFA||< 1:16 Negative-No significant level of Ehrlichia chaffeensis IgM antibody detected.|
≥ 1:16 Positive-Presence of IgM antibody to Ehrlichia chaffeensis detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051003||Ehrlichia chaffeensis Antibody, IgM||48850-2|
|0051004||Ehrlichia chaffeensis Antibody, IgG||47405-6|
- E. chaffeensis antibodies
- E. Chaffeensis IgG, IgM Ab
- Ehrlichiosis IFA test