- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Phosphatidylserine Antibody, IgG||Less than 11 U/mL|
|Phosphatidylserine Antibody, IgM||Less than 25 U/mL|
|Phosphatidylserine Antibody, IgA||Less than 20 U/mL|
Isolated presence of IgM or IgG antibodies to aPS may have questionable clinical significance for APS and/or SLE.
If results are positive, repeat testing with two or more specimens drawn at least 12 weeks apart to demonstrate persistence of antibodies.
Results should not be used alone for diagnosis and must be interpreted in light of APS-specific clinical manifestations and/or other criteria phospholipid antibody tests.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050906||Phosphatidylserine Antibody IgG||32032-5|
|0050907||Phosphatidylserine Antibody IgM||32033-3|
|0050908||Phosphatidylserine Antibody IgA||32031-7|
- aPS Antibodies
- aPS Antibodies IgG, IgM, IgA