Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated specimens. Grossly hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective May 16, 2011
|0.9 units or less
|2.6 units or greater
Histone antibodies are present in 20-55% of idiopathic systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and 80-95% of drug-induced SLE. They occur in less than 20% of other types of connective tissue diseases.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050860||Histone Antibody, IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- AHA IgG, AHA
- Anti-Histone Antibodies
- Antihistone Antibodies
- Histone IgG