- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Serum from umbilical cord blood.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refer to individual components.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050165||Cytomegalovirus Antibody, IgG|| |
|0050293||Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 and/or 2 Antibodies, IgG|| |
|0050771||Rubella Antibody, IgG|| |
|0050770||Toxoplasma gondii Antibody, IgG||Effective March 3, 2014
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050165||CMV Antibody IgG|
|0050286||HSV Type 1/2 Combined Ab, IgG|
|0050770||Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgG|
|0050771||Rubella Antibody IgG|
- CMV Antibody IgG, HSV Type 1/2 Combined Ab, IgG
- Rubella Antibody IgG
- Torch panel
- Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgG