- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Serum from umbilical cord blood.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Less than 9 IU/mL:||Not Detected.|
|9-9.9 IU/mL:||Indeterminate - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.|
|10 IU/mL or greater:||Detected.|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050771||Rubella Antibody IgG|
- Rubella Ab, IgG
- Rubella Antibody IgG
- rubella screen
- Rubella serology