Toxoplasma gondii Antibody, IgG
Quantitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
Within 24 hours
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Serum from umbilical cord blood.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|5.9 IU/mL or less:||Not Detected.|
|6.0-7.9 IU/mL:||Indeterminate-Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.|
|8.0 IU/mL or greater:||Detected.|
The best evidence for current infection is a significant change on two appropriately timed specimens, where both tests are done in the same laboratory at the same time.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050770||Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgG|