- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Post-immunization specimen should be drawn 30 days after immunization and, if shipped separately, must be received within 60 days of pre-immunization specimen.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL) MARK SPECIMENS CLEARLY AS "PRE" OR "POST" SO SPECIMENS WILL BE SAVED AND TESTED SIMULTANEOUSLY.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Following vaccination, an antibody ratio of less than twofold is considered a non-responder; a ratio of two-to fourfold is a weak responder; a ratio of fourfold or greater is a good responder. The higher the pre-vaccination antibody level for a specific pneumococcal serotype, the less likely the response will increase significantly after vaccination.
An increased antibody level to 50-70 percent or more of the serotypes is thought to represent a normal humoral response. In the case of pure polysaccharide vaccine, indication of immune system competence is further delineated as an adequate response to at least 70 percent of the serotypes in the vaccine challenge for those 6-65 years of age, or to at least 50 percent of the serotypes in the vaccine challenge for those 2-5 years of age.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
All serotypes tested are present in the 23-valent pure polysaccharide pneumococcal vaccine. The serotypes marked with an asterisk are contained in the conjugated pneumococcal vaccine.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050706||Pneumococcal Serotype 1 IgG||27092-6|
|0050708||Pneumococcal Serotype 4* IgG||27094-2|
|0050709||Pneumococcal Serotype 5 IgG||31183-7|
|0050713||Pneumococcal Serotype 6B* IgG||27118-9|
|0050715||Pneumococcal Serotype 3 IgG||27096-7|
|0050716||Pneumococcal Serotype 7F IgG||25296-5|
|0050717||Pneumococcal Serotype 9N IgG||27392-0|
|0050718||Pneumococcal Serotype 14* IgG||27387-0|
|0050719||Pneumo Serotype Interpretation||42771-6|
|0050721||Pneumococcal Serotype 8 IgG||27113-0|
|0050722||Pneumococcal Serotype 9V*, IgG||30153-1|
|0050723||Pneumococcal Serotype 12F IgG||27374-8|
|0050724||Pneumococcal Serotype 18C* IgG||27395-3|
|0050726||Pneumococcal Serotype 19F* IgG||27390-4|
|0050727||Pneumococcal Serotype 23F* IgG||27389-6|
- Immune Response
- pneumo conjugate vaccine
- Pneumo polysaccharide vaccine
- Pneumococcal Antibodies
- S. Pneumoniae Vaccine
- Strep Antibodies 14 serotypes
- Strep Pneumo Antibodies
- Strep Pneumoniae Antibody
- Strep Vaccine
- Streptococcus pneumoniae Immune Response
- Streptococcus pneumoniae Vaccine Response
- Vaccine Response