Useful for diagnosis of systemic sclerosis (SSc). Negative results do not rule out SSc. Preferred test is Systemic Scleroderma Comprehensive Panel (2013325).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
30-40 AU/mL: Equivocal
41 AU/mL or greater: Positive
A negative result indicates no detectable IgG antibodies to centromere B. If the result is negative but clinical suspicion for SSc is strong, consider testing for ANA by IFA along with other antibodies associated with SSc, including Scl-70, U3-RNP, PM/Scl, or Th/To.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050714||Centromere Ab, IgG||29966-9|
- Anti-centromere Antibodies
- Anti-Centromere Antibody
- Anticentromere Antibodies
- Centromere Antibodies, IgG
- CENTROMERE ANTIBODY
- Centromere Autoantibodies
- Centromere B