- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube (acute) AND serum separator tube (convalescent).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum (acute) AND 0.5 mL serum (convalescent) to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 0.1 mL each) Mark specimens clearly as "acute" or "convalescent" with appropriate draw dates. If acute specimen was previously tested by ARUP, convalescent specimen must be submitted within 30 days if seroconversion comparison testing is desired.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- Testing will not be performed unless both acute and convalescent specimens are available.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050397||Mycoplasma pneumoniae Antibody, IgG||< 0.10 U/L: Negative|
0.10-0.32 U/L: Equivocal
> 0.32 U/L: Positive
|0050398||Mycoplasma pneumoniae Antibody, IgM||0.76 U/L or less: Negative - No clinically significant amount of M. pneumoniae IgM antibody detected.|
0.77-0.95 U/L: Low Positive - M. pneumoniae-specific IgM presumptively detected. Collection of a follow-up sample in one to two weeks is recommended to assure reactivity.
0.96 U/L or greater: Positive - Highly significant amount of M. pneumoniae-specific IgM antibody detected. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050693||M. pneumoniae Antibody, IgM Acute||5256-3|
|0050694||M. pneumoniae Antibody, IgM Convalescent||5256-3|
|0050695||M. pneumoniae Antibody, IgG Acute||5255-5|
|0050696||M. pneumoniae Antibody, IgG Convalescent||5255-5|
- M pneumoniae IgG and IgM seroconversions
- Mycoplasma G/M Ab Seroconversion