Recommended for the differential diagnosis of SLE and Sjogren syndrome. Preferred panel contains SSA 52, SSA 60, and SSB; refer to Extractable Nuclear Antigen Antibodies (SSA 52, SSA 60, and SSB) (0050791).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
30-40 AU/mL: Equivocal
41 AU/mL or greater: Positive
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050692||SSB (La) (ENA) Antibody, IgG||29965-1|
- anti-Sjögren Syndrome B
- Anti-SSB (La) (ENA) Antibody
- Sjogren's Antibody
- SSB (La)