Not recommended. Refer to individual fungus-related tests appropriate to patient exposure.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.35 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050100||Aspergillus Antibody by CF||5053-4|
|0050130||Blastomyces Antibody by CF||5057-5|
|0050170||Coccidioides Antibody by CF||33380-7|
|0050330||Histoplasma Mycelia, CF||20573-2|
|0050335||Histoplasma Yeast, CF||20574-0|
- Aspergillus Antibody by CF
- Blastomyces Antibody by CF
- Coccidioides Antibody by CF
- Histoplasma Mycelia, CF
- Histoplasma Yeast, CF