- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimen plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Tissue or urine. Contaminated, grossly hemolyzed, or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050235||Epstein-Barr Virus Antibody to Viral Capsid Antigen, IgG||Effective February 19, 2013|
17.9 U/mL or less: Not Detected
18.0-21.9 U/mL: Indeterminate. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
22.0 U/mL or greater: Detected
|0050240||Epstein-Barr Virus Antibody to Viral Capsid Antigen, IgM||Effective February 19, 2013|
35.9 U/mL or less: Not Detected
36.0-43.9 U/mL: Indeterminate. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
44.0 U/mL or greater: Detected
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050235||EBV Antibody to Viral Capsid Antigen IgG|
|0050240||EBV Antibody to Viral Capsid Antigen IgM|
- EBV Antibodies
- EBV Antibody Panel II
- EBV VCA-IgG Ab
- EBV VCA-IgM Ab
- Infectious Mononucleosis Antibody Panel
- VCA (Viral Capsid Antigen) IgG and IgM