Useful for diagnosis of systemic scleroderma/sclerosis (SSc). Negative results do not rule out SSc. Preferred test is Systemic Scleroderma Comprehensive Panel (2013325).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
30-40 AU/mL: Equivocal
41 AU/mL or greater: Positive
Negative results do not necessarily rule out the presence of SSc. If clinical suspicion remains, consider further testing for centromere, RNA polymerase III and U3-RNP, PM/Scl, or Th/To antibodies.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050599||Scleroderma (Scl-70) (ENA) Antibody, IgG||47322-3|
- Anti-Scleroderma (Scl-70) (ENA) Antibody
- Autoantibodies to Scl 70 Antigen
- Scleroderma Antibodies
- Topo 1
- Topoisomerase 1 Antibody
- Topoisomerase I Antibody