- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050771||Rubella Antibody, IgG|| |
|0050551||Rubella Antibody, IgM|| |
The best evidence for current infection is a significant change on two appropriately timed specimens, where both tests are done in the same laboratory at the same time.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050551||Rubella Antibody IgM|
|0050771||Rubella Antibody IgG|
- Rubella Ab, IgG IgM
- Rubella Antibodies, IgG and IgM
- rubella panel
- Rubella serology