- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050771||Rubella Antibody, IgG|
|0050551||Rubella Antibody, IgM|
The best evidence for current infection is a significant change on two appropriately timed specimens, where both tests are done in the same laboratory at the same time.
The magnitude of the measured result is not indicative of the amount of antibody present.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050551||Rubella Antibody IgM||5335-5|
|0050771||Rubella Antibody IgG||8014-3|
- Rubella Ab, IgG IgM
- Rubella Antibodies, IgG and IgM
- rubella panel
- Rubella serology