- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Serum from umbilical cord blood.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050770||Toxoplasma gondii Antibody, IgG||Effective March 3, 2014
|0050557||Toxoplasma gondii Antibody, IgM|| |
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050557||Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgM||8040-8|
|0050770||Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgG||8039-0|
- CMV Antibody IgM
- HSV 1 and/or 2 Abs, IgM by ELISA TORCH IgM panel
- Rubella Antibody IgM
- Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgM