Semi-Quantitative Complement Fixation
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Single positive antibody titers of greater than 1:32 may indicate past or current infection. Seroconversion or an increase in titers between acute and convalescent sera of at least fourfold is considered strong evidence of current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050503||Coxsackie A Serotype 9 Titer|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Coxsackie A Ab Panel
- Coxsackie A Antibodies