Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
Phase II: <1:16 No antibody detected.
Single phase II IgG titers of 1:256 and greater are considered evidence of C. burnetii infection at some time prior to the date of the serum specimen.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050464||Q-Fever, Phase II IgG Antibody|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Coxiella burnetii
- Coxiella Titer
- Q Fever Phase II IFA