Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
Phase I: <1:16 No antibody detected.
Phase I antibody titers of 1:16 and greater are consistent with chronic infection or convalescent phase of Q-fever.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050463||Q-Fever, Phase I IgG Antibody|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Coxiella burnetii
- Coxiella Titer
- Q Fever Phase I IFA