- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" and "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Phase II: < 1:16 No antibody detected.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050463||Q-Fever, Phase I IgG Antibody|
|0050464||Q-Fever, Phase II IgG Antibody|
- Coxiella burnetii
- Coxiella Titer
- Q Fever Phases I and II antibody