- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or hyperlipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050456||HSV 1 Antibody IgG Immunoblot||17850-9|
|0050457||HSV 2 Antibody IgG Immunoblot||16955-7|
|0050458||HSV Anti-Common Antigen||29957-8|
- HSV immunoblot
- HSV Type Specific 1 & 2
- HSV typing 1 and 2 glycoprotein G