- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050397||Mycoplasma pneumoniae Antibody, IgG||< 0.10 U/L: Negative|
0.10-0.32 U/L: Equivocal
> 0.32 U/L: Positive
|0050398||Mycoplasma pneumoniae Antibody, IgM||0.76 U/L or less: Negative - No clinically significant amount of M. pneumoniae IgM antibody detected.|
0.77-0.95 U/L: Low Positive - M. pneumoniae-specific IgM presumptively detected. Collection of a follow-up sample in one to two weeks is recommended to assure reactivity.
0.96 U/L or greater: Positive - Highly significant amount of M. pneumoniae-specific IgM antibody detected. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050397||Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Antibody IgG|
|0050398||Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Antibody IgM|
- M pneumoniae antibodies IgG, IgM
- M. pneumoniae antibodies