- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF (refer to Mumps Virus Antibody IgG, CSF, ARUP test code 0054442). Body fluids, plasma, urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, lipemic, or severely icteric specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
8.9 AU/mL or less: Negative - No significant level of detectable IgG mumps virus antibody.
9.0-10.9 AU/mL: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
11.0 AU/mL or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to mumps virus detected, which may indicate a current or past exposure/immunization to mumps virus.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050390||Mumps Virus Antibody, IgG|
- IgG Mumps
- Mumps Ab, IgG
- Mumps Antibody
- Mumps IgG
- Mumps Serology
- Mumps Virus Antibody, IgG, Serum