- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic, specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
≥1:64 Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Rickettsia typhi detected, suggestive of recent infection.
While the presence of IgM antibodies suggests recent infection, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050383||Typhus Fever Antibody, IgM||5325-6|
- R typhi IgM antibody
- Typhus Fever Group IgM Antibody