- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1.0 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF (refer to Measles (Rubeola) Antibody, IgG, CSF, ARUP test code 0054440). Body fluids, plasma, urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, lipemic or severely icteric specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
24.9 AU/mL or less: Negative - No significant level of detectable measles (rubeola) IgG antibody.
25.0-29.9 AU/mL: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
30.0 AU/mL or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to measles (rubeola) detected, which may indicate a current or past exposure/immunization to measles (rubeola).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050380||Measles, Rubeola, Antibody IgG|
- Rubeola Ab, IgG
- Rubeola Antibodies Screen, IgG
- Rubeola Antibodies, IgG
- Rubeola serology