- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1:64 - 1:128: Low Positive - Presence of Rickettsia rickettsii Antibody, IgG detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
1:256 or greater: Positive - Presence of Rickettsia rickettsii Antibody, IgG suggestive of recent or current infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050369||Rocky Mt Spotted Fever IgG||5307-4|
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever