Provide retrospective evidence of suspected Legionella pneumophila infection.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1:128 Equivocal - Questionable presence of Legionella pneumophila Type 1-6 IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1:256 or greater Positive - Presence of Legionella pneumophila Type 1-6 IgG antibody detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050365||Legionella Pneumophila 1-6,IgG||21362-9|
- L pneumophila IgG
- L pneumophila Types 1-6 Ab
- Legionella pneumophila IgG antibody
- Legionnaires Disease Testing