Preferred second-line testing for patients considered seronegative antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). Order incrementally or concurrently with other non-criteria antiphospholipid antibody tests. May also be useful in estimating risk of thrombosis and/or pregnancy-related morbidity in patients with SLE.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, grossly icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050324||B2Glycoprotein 1, IgA Antibody||21108-6|
- ?2-glycoprotein 1 IgA
- Anti-B2-Glycoprotein 1
- Anti-B2-Glycoprotein I
- Anti-B2-GP 1
- Anti-B2-GP I
- Anti-Beta-2-Glycoprotein I
- Apolipoprotein H
- B2 IgA
- B2GP1 IgA
- Beta 2GP1 Ab