Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Let stand on clot for two hours. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL) If ordered in conjunction with a Raji Cell Assay, transfer two 1 mL aliquots of serum to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than 4 µgE/mL is considered negative for circulating complement binding immune complexes.
Circulating immune complexes may be found without any evident pathology and positive results do not necessarily implicate the immune complex in a disease process.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050301||C1Q Binding Assay|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Circulating Immune Complex Detection
- Immune Complex Assay