- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refer to individual components.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050293||Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 and/or 2 Antibodies, IgG|| |
|0050641||Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 and/or 2 Antibodies, IgM by ELISA|| |
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050286||HSV Type 1/2 Combined Ab, IgG|
|0050641||HSV 1 and/or 2 Abs, IgM by ELISA|
- HSV 1 and 2
- HSV 1 and 2 antibody panel
- HSV 1, 2
- HSV 1, 2, IgG IgM