May be useful when acute legionellosis is suspected; however, urine antigen testing is preferred (0070322).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cell ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
The IgM response to Legionella tends to develop concurrently with the IgG response and may remain elevated as long as the IgG response remains elevated. Cross-reactions have been described with several species of bacteria and Mycoplasma.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050274||Legionella Pneumophila 1-6,IgM||16133-1|
- L pneumophila IgM
- L pneumophila Types 1-6 Ab
- Legionella pneumophila IgM antibody
- Legionnaires Disease Testing