Qualitative test confirms the presence of a monoclonal protein and classifies its heavy- and light- chain type. Aids in the detection and management of multiple myeloma and related disorders.
Qualitative Immunofixation Electrophoresis
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
This information should be correlated with the results of serum protein electrophoresis, quantitative immunoglobulins, and other clinical and laboratory information.
Immunofixation Electrophoresis Gel includes a qualitative interpretation of an IFE only.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050272||Immunofix Electrophoresis Gel|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- IFE qualitative
- IFE gel
- IFE Gel, Serum, Interpretation Only
- Immunofixation, Serum (Immunofixation Electrophoresis Gel)