Do not order in the absence of a positive/equivocal ELISA screening test. IgM immunoblot is not useful after the first 4 weeks of clinical symptoms.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF or plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
IgM: For this assay, a positive result is reported when any 2 or more of the following bands are present: 23, 39, or 41 kDa. All other banding patterns are reported as negative.
This test should be used for confirmation of an equivocal or positive B. burgdorferi total antibodies, IgG and/or IgM test performed on patients less than 4 weeks after appearance of erythema migrans.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050252||B. burgdorferi IgG Immunoblot||6320-6|
|0050253||B. burgdorferi Antibody IgM Immunoblot||6321-4|
- Lyme Antibodies
- Lyme Disease
- Lyme Disease Ab Western Blot
- Lyme Disease Antibodies (Serum), WB
- Lyme Disease antibodies WB